Job Advertisement – PALAUPILON Administrator
ATTORNEY VACANCIES: ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL (AAG) – CIVIL & CRIMINAL DIVISION ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL (AAG) – FELONY PROSECUTOR
The Office of the Attorney General, Ministry of Justice, Republic of Palau, is seeking to fill two (2) positions. The first position is for an AAG who will handle work in both the Civil and Criminal Divisions. The second position is for an AAG who will handle felony criminal prosecutions, working closely with the Bureau of Public Safety’s Narcotics Enforcement Unit and the Human Trafficking Unit.
LOCATION: Office of the Attorney General of the Republic of Palau Learn more about Palau at https://www.pristineparadisepalau.com/
QUALIFICATIONS: J.D. from an ABA accredited law school or a law degree from a law school accredited by the prevailing accrediting agency of the jurisdiction. Active member in good standing of the bar (any jurisdiction) Strong writing and analytical skills; motion practice, oral advocacy, minimum 5 years of litigation and trial experience, collegial, well-organized
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, including but not limited to: The Office of the Attorney General, Ministry of Justice:
• Provides legal advise and services to the Executive Branch of the national government of the Republic of Palau As directed by the Attorney General, the Civil Division AAG will:
• Represent the Executive Branch, its ministries and officials in all civil litigation
• Advise Ministries, Boards, and Commissions of the Executive Branch, including Ministry bureaus and divisions
• Draft and review contracts, grant and loan documents, legislation, and rules and regulations
• Provide such legal advice and services as appropriate and directed by the Attorney General or her designee, including representing the Republic in civil cases and criminal cases as may be needed as directed by the Attorney General, the Criminal Division AAG will:
• Represent the Republic in all aspects of criminal prosecution, from investigation through appeal
• Provide such legal advice and services as appropriate and directed by the Attorney General or her designee, including representing the Republic in civil matters as may be needed.
TERM and BENEFITS: Two-year contract; recruitment and repatriation costs (which includes coach air fare and shipping of household goods and effects) will be paid for by the government; annual leave – max 208 hours accrued annually and sick leave – max 104 hours accrued annually; allowed to practice law in Palau for 4 years without taking the Palau Bar; LIVING IN PALAU!
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, 5 days/week. Work day 8am-5pm. 40-hour work week
HOW TO APPLY: Send your cover letter, resume, three writing samples, and the contact information of three professional references to: Ernestine K. Rengiil at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Please place “Assistant Attorney General” in the subject line of your e-mail. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as we intend to fill the vacant positions as soon as possible. Send any inquiries to the email address above or call +680 488-2481/2847.
COMPENSATION: $51,000 – $59,000 (5-9 years’ experience – doing both civil and criminal work); $60,000 – $68,000 (10 or more years’ experience – felony prosecutor)